Hi guys! So it’s been some time since I did one of these posts but I’m glad to be writing one since I enjoy doing these award posts! So whilst I was away, I was nominated three times! Thank you Lesley, Megan, Anime and fanfiction and Rise from Ashes for nominating me! I’m sorry this post is so late!
- Thank the nominator and add a link to the blog site!
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator asked in their post. To be more precise, if I nominated Person X for example he would need to answer my questions and when they nominate Person Y, she will answer his questions!
- Find 11 bloggers to answer the new questions you give them. Basically, you need to come up with new questions then what the last nominator came up with.
- Notify the nominee by commenting on one of their posts( I also feel a bit uncomfortable randomly commenting so hopefully linking the blogs and a recent post instead( like Pinkie did).
- Show the Sunshine Blogger Award icon and list the rules.
1. What was the first anime that you watched that made you realise that you were a fan of the medium?
I guess it would be Vampire Knight. It was the first anime I watched and I’ve watched anime on and off since.
2. Which anime series is your favourite and why?
The answer to this question changes on the regular. Right now, due to my excitement of the season four announcement, it would be Haikyuu!
3. Which anime character do you feel most resembles you?
Kageyama. Everyone who has watched Haikyuu and knows me says that to me.
4. If you ever have kids, would you consider naming one after an anime character? If so, which name and why?
I’ve never really thought of having kids, it’s just not something I see myself ever wanting but if I did I don’t think I’d name them after anime characters. I’d probably consider naming a pet after an anime character if there was a resemblance.
5. Is there a manga or light novel series that you’re currently reading?
Nope because I’m currently reading novels. I will read manga when I get the chance at some point.
6. If you could be best friends with an anime character, which one would it be and why?
Oh wow that’s difficult! Since I’ve answered with Haikyuu so far, I’m just going to continue with that and say Kuroo because he looks like a great guy.
7. Are you a fan of any particular anime director? If so, who is it and why?
Nope, not really.
8. Do you have a favourite anime studio?
Nope. I tend to just watch anything and everything that catches my eye.
9. Do you have a favourite mangaka?
Nope and I don’t read a lot of manga anyways. I read most of the manga that I do read because I enjoyed the anime.
10. Do you have a favourite anime animal character?
11. Is there anything else you want to say in addition to the other questions that I asked?
Umm I don’t think so?
1. What song do you think makes people remember you?
Oh wow, I don’t know! I hope it would be a good one!
2. What character would you choose to be your best friend?
Can I just continue with the Haikyuu trend and say Bokuto?
3. What book do you need to read/game you need to play/show you need to watch still?
Too many to name. I have a whole shelf of books to get through and quite a few anime to watch.
4. Have you smashed any personal goals recently?
Ooo I don’t think I have. I’m very bad when it comes to setting and achieving goals.
5. If someone wanted to understand you, what should they read, watch, and play?
Read a lot of Dickens and ghost stories and, watch Haikyuu. Get to know Kageyama and mix that with a love for Dickens and ghosts and you basically have me.
6. List your favourite fandoms and one character from each that you identify with.
Oh boy this list could be long! Let’s say the following ones:
Haikyuu! Identify with Kageyama
Run with the Wind. Identify with Prince. Love reading and whilst I’m not as bad as prince, I don’t think I could run that much. I’m an indoors person like him.
Black Butler. Identify with Mei Rin and her clumsiness
7. What are three things that you are enjoying right now?
Reading, music and shopping
8. What is your favourite YouTube channel?
Don’t have one
9. List three of your favourite songs right now.
New York City by Owl City, Heart to Love by Passenger and London Boy by Taylor Swift.
I think I’ll share Heart to Love with you guys since I was listening to it whilst writing this post.
10. What are some ways you practice self care that others might consider different or weird?
Good question. I don’t know. For the most part I don’t do anything special to practice self-care. I just ensure that I’m happy in what I’m doing.
11. What is the hardest part about blogging?
Finding time to write posts.
Anime and Fanfiction’s questions:
1. What made you join WordPress? Share with your readers a bit about how you got started blogging on here!
I wanted to start a blog for a while and was finding the right platform when I stumbled upon wordpress. It seemed easy enough for a beginner like me to use and here we are.
2. Do you have any advice for anyone who wants to start their own blog?
Just go for it. If you really want to start a blog, then just make one and share whatever you like. There’ll always be an audience to enjoy your content.
3. Who/What inspires you to write?
I’ve never really thought about this. I guess it’s seeing what other bloggers put out that inspires me to create content for my blog.
4. Is your blog focused around any particular topic(s)? If so, tell us about how you became interested in it! ( Exs.. anime, video games, writing, etc.)
Mainly anime. I got into anime at a young age when a friend introduced me to it. I started blogging about anime because I wanted to share my thoughts and talk about a medium that I love.
5. Who are you? Tell us a little about the person behind the screen!
I’m your average 21 year old girl really. I’m starting my MA in Victorian Studies at the end of the month which should be exciting but I can already see how stressful it’s going to be! I wear glasses and am blind without them which is partly the reason why I’m so clumsy. I love cats but I have no pets and am broke which is why I work. My life consists of work, eat, read and watch anime really.
6. What is your favourite piece that you’ve written on here and why?
Ooo that would either be my Grave of the Fireflies or Koi wa Ameagari no You ni post. Both combine my love for anime with literature which is why I really enjoyed writing them and they remain my favourite.
7. How do you cure writer’s block? It’s our worst enemy!
I let it be. If I’ve gotten a writer’s block that means I need to stop staring at a blank screen. Best thing for me is to go away, do something else, clear my mind and them come back when I feel ready to write. Why rush it when I can take my time.
8. If you could travel to the past or future and give yourself advice, which would you choose? It could be writing advice, motivational tips or anything really.
I’d go to my past self and tell them not to worry. That what I’m doing is fine and to keep going.
9. It honestly feels like less and less of younger generations are interested in reading and writing. Barely anyone tends to sit down and read a book anymore. Do you have an opinion on this? How can we motivate or encourage a younger audience to become more interested in reading/writing?
That’s there loss. I feel like reading will always have its place. As an art form that is made and consumed, like any art form, some people will be drawn to whilst others aren’t. Also, like any art form, some appreciate it from a younger age whilst some are drawn to it later on in life. It has its presence and its place so when someone wants to read/write, it’s there for them. I don’t think it’s something that should be encouraged because if I was encouraged to read, I probably would never have picked up a book only because someone told me to do it. I think it’s one of those things that people find and are drawn to if it’s right for them at that given moment in life.
10. What is your favourite topic to read about on here?
I mainly follow blogs that write about anime because I like reading what other people think about shows that I am/am not following.
11. Last question! What’s your favourite quote? It can be from anything or anywhere!
It’s more a saying than a quote but “In perpetuum et unum diem” which means “forever and a day”. I think it’s beautiful.
Rise from Ashes’s Questions:
1. Have you ever had a paranormal/ghost experience? If so, care to share? If no experience, do you believe in the paranormal/ghosts?
No, I’ve never had a paranormal experience and I don’t believe in them either. However, one of the things I love looking at is how ghosts were written about in Victorian ghost stories and how contemporary psychology can be used to account for their appearances. I spent my third year at uni during my undergrad researching this and plan to continue researching this topic in my MA. So yeah, fascinated my ghosts but don’t believe in them.
2. What’s a food that your region is known for? (for example: Chicago is known for Chicago Style pizza).
The region I live in is known for Pork Pies, Stilton Cheese, another type of cheese that has the city’s name in it and most famously, for Walkers Crisps.
3. If you don’t mind, could you recommend me some new music? Singer/idol/band, anything is okay~
Listen to Passenger. Can’t go wrong with his music, it’s amazing! I’ve put one of his songs at the top (Heart to Love) but as far as I’m aware, he is most famously known for Let Her Go.
4. What’s your favourite piece of fandom merchandise? Big or small, include a picture if you can!
My Akutagawa and Takasugi chuns and the Dazai plushie I recently bought.
5. Do you prefer reading hardback, or paperback books, or digitally?
Ooo I don’t mind hardback or paperback. I own both. I don’t read digitally all that much since I’m not a huge fan.
6. What’s the biggest takeaway you have from your personal blogging journey?
That most times I can’t seem to find the time to write the posts I’d love to write but that I love blogging quite a bit.
7. Oddly specific, outside of blogging what kind of online content do you comment on? (example, youtube videos, reddit, etc)
Oddly enough, nothing. I don’t really comment on online content. Even on wordpress, I rarely comment because I can never think up of a decent comment.
8. Do you have any special talents/party tricks you can do?
Nope. Well I don’t think so anyways.
9. Do you have a topic that despite it suiting your blog, you’ve decided not to write about?
If you look at my current content, there’s a lot I could be writing that I’m not. One thing I rarely write are essay type pieces on anime I’ve watched.
10. In a game of truth or dare, which do you pick?
I don’t mind. Depends whose giving the truth or dare.
11. How do you feel about blog tags/being tagged?
I love doing them!
And that’s all the questions answered! Thank you for the awesome questions!
- Triform Trinity
- A Nerdy Perspective
- The Spooky Red Head
- What anime have you enjoyed the most so far this year?
- Do you skip op/ed or listen to them?
- Are you an indoors or outdoors person?
- What’s your favourite weather?
- What’s one thing you love about the city/area in which you live?
- How do you plan your blog posts?
- Do you like scheduling your posts?
- What’s your current favourite song?
- If you could go anywhere in the past/future, to any place (basically if you were in the TARDIS) where would you go?
- Who is your current favourite fictional character?
- With autumn almost here, what is your favourite thing about the season?