Hi guys! So Joe over at Average Joe tagged me for this post a while back. Thank you for tagging me and sorry it took me so long getting to it!
I’ve copied the following from Joe’s post:
BiblionNyan said feel free to replace your answers with anime in place of book characters and themes, but I’m going to try and remain with books as best I can. With Season 3 being released as I write this post, there’s no better time than now to talk about some…well, stranger things. With that said, let’s begin this tag.
1. EPIC INTRO: The opening sequence of Stranger Things is amazing and really grabs your attention. Name a book that grabbed your attention from the first page.
Oh wow, I’m going to go with The Night Stalker for this one.
2. DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: Name a fantasy world you would like to experience yourself.
Ideally none but if I had to pick one, Harry Potter because who doesn’t?
3. SQUAD GOALS: When Eleven met Mike, Dustin, and Lucas it was a mostly perfect team. Name your favourite bookish group of friends.
The trio from Lockwood & co. They’re a really good team. The cover is for the fourth book but it has all three on them.
4. ABC’s & CHRISTMAS LIGHTS: Joyce Byers goes mad with grief after Will goes missing. Name your favourite mentally unhinged character.
Oooo I’m going to bring out my first classic character and say Bertha from Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea. I love how she is depicted in both novels.
5. THE UPDISDE DOWN: Name a book that was the opposite of what you expected.
The Confessions of Frannie Langton. I don’t know why I didn’t click that this was a story about slavery but I didn’t until I began to read the book and I have to say it was a fascinating and enjoyable read.
6. MAD SCIENTISTS: Dr Brenner likes to get freaky with humanity. Name the freakiest dystopian government you can think of.
Umm I haven’t read a lot of dystopian fiction so going to crack out another classic. The island from The Island of Doctor Moreau.
7. DEMOGORGON: Name a scary bookish creature that you would not want to come through your walls.
Let’s go with the dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire. I do not want to be burnt alive.
8. CLIFFHANGER ENDING: Name a book that left you wanting more.
A lot of books come to mind for this one but I’m going to go with The Magic Toyshop.
That was a really fun tag! Thank you Joe for tagging me!