Hi guys! I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award (again!) twice which is awesome! Thanks Merlin and Voyager for nominating me! I love doing these award/tag posts because the questions are always so much fun to answer so thank you!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. Who is your favourite celebrity crush, real or fictitious? By all means, include a picture. 😉
Wait, how can you have a fictitious celebrity crush? Does the character have to be a celebrity or something? Anyways, since this is an anime blog, let’s go with a popular character in anime that I like and I think for this one, I’ll go with Izaya from Durarara. I guess you could argue he is a celebrity in his world.
2. What would your Patronus/spirit animal be?
I did the Patronus quiz over on Pottermore some years back. I got an eagle which I think is pretty cool.
3. If you suddenly had superpowers, what would they be (you can pick up to three of them) and what would be a practical day job to use them in?
Probably x-ray vision and telekinesis and they’d be useful if I was a doctor or something.
4. Be it the Shire or the Federation of Planets, storytellers tend to make up some society which is their ideal. Mine is an extended clan of half-demons who prioritize honour, compassion, freedom, and strength. What would yours be?
A world where every type of species be it human, alien, demi-humans can get along and live in peace without any superiority of race or conflict over territory.
5. You are captain of a starship that has discovered a habitable planet. What did you name your ship, and what would you name this planet?
Hmm I’d call the ship Ghost and the planet would be called Spectral because I can’t think of names and was reading about ghosts before writing these answers.
6. You can visit three worlds from anime/books/TV/etc., for twenty-four hours each. Which ones do you visit and what do you do while there?
I’d visit the worlds of:
– Bleak House: Follow the Jarndyce and Jarndyce trial which was the biggest joke ever in the novel
– Haikyu!!: I’d hang out with Karasuno and if possible Aoba Johsai because I love them
– Dr Who: Get the doctor to take me to the 1840s so I could meet Dickens, one of my favourite authors
7. What is a book, comic/manga, or game you’d love to see in a cinematic form? Or the other way around, what is a movie, TV show, or cartoon/anime you’d love to read in written form?
Hmmm so slightly cheating here but I’d want to see all of Noblesse, a webtoon, animated. They did do like two episodes I think but I’d love to see the whole series animated especially now that it’s finished. It’s just one of those webtoons that would work really well when animated.
8. What is your favourite colour?
This surprises a lot of people, but my favourite colour is pink.
9. Your favourite supernatural creature is real. What is it, and can humanity coexist with it?
Favourite supernatural creature is the vampire and coexistence could be possible but that would take time.
10. What would love to get for Christmas, or a birthday?
My birthday is around Christmas time (on the 22nd) which is great and I think I’d love for something Haikyu related.
11. What are your most and least favourite parts about blogging?
Favourite part: Reading everyone’s posts
Least favourite part: Not having enough time to juggle writing blog posts with everything else going on in life
1. Do you prefer seasonal anime coverage or full-series/topical deep dives and such?
I enjoy both.
2. What’s a question you’ve always wanted to ask the creator of one of your favourite anime/manga/games/etc.
How did you come up with the concept? It’s always fascinating to know the backstory on how something was made.
3. What’s an anime whose music/soundtrack really stands out to you but you find to be overlooked or underappreciated?
Oh this is a difficult one. Let’s go with Say I Love You. I quite like the soundtrack to it but I’m not sure how many people have the same view as me or have even watched the show. Mushishi would be another one. I quite like the music in there as well.
4. What’s a Japanese musician or group that you first heard through an anime OP/ED and fell in love with their sound so had to check what else they’d done? For example, MYTH & ROIDis one of mine.
There are so many! Top ones would be Spyair, Luck Life and Kishida Kyoudan and the Akeboshi Rockets
5. Name one of your favourite anime duos. It can be a romantic couple, best buddies, battle companions, whatever. And why?
Akutagawa and Atsushi. They may be enemies with the same mentor, but they understand each other really well because of that. They help each other grow even in the midst of battles and trust the other’s abilities. For two individuals who are always trying to kill one another (especially Akutagwa), it’s interesting to see how well they get along when it comes to fighting together.
6. What’s your favourite way to engage with the blogging community?
Reading everyone’s posts.
7. What’s a word you just wish more people would say in day-to-day. Doesn’t even have to be in your native language.
Hmm I’m not sure. Let’s go with mardy. For anyone who doesn’t know what that means, it’s basically moody but that’s how we say it in my city/region.
8. Favourite Taste: Sweet, Sour, Spicy, Bitter, Minty, etc.
I like spicy food.
9. What’s your favourite blog post you’ve read, this week?
Ooo that’s difficult since there were so many good ones. I’m going to go with Irina’s post titled ‘Does Animation Distill a Serious Message?‘. It’s definitely worth a read!
10. Does You Say Run go with everything?
I don’t think so but you never know.
11. Hi. How’s your day been? Great, I hope. Here. Just in case you forgot, I wanna remind you. You’re Awesome!
Awh, thanks. That’s a nice way to end these questions. 🙂
Well that’s all the questions answered! Thanks for the questions guys! I really enjoyed answering them. 🙂
I’m not going to nominate one since I’ve lost track of who I have nominated for this one and who I haven’t.